Between Akpabio and Oshiomhole Over “Massaging Woman’s Legs” 𝗷𝗶𝗯𝗲

 


Senator Adams Oshiomhole playfully accused Senate President Godswill Akpabio of breaching their "no hostilities" agreement after the latter made a light-hearted reference to one of the former Edo State governor's past controversies.

The exchange took place during Thursday's Senate plenary after Akpabio alluded to an earlier viral video that allegedly showed Oshiomhole massaging the legs of a South African woman aboard a private jet. Oshiomhole had previously dismissed the clip as being generated by artificial intelligence and had since been the subject of friendly jokes from Akpabio over the incident.

Raising a point of order, Oshiomhole reminded the Senate that he and Akpabio had agreed to stop making jokes about each other's past controversies, accusing the Senate President of violating their truce.

"I want to report to this House that the Senate President and I signed a truce of no more hostilities. And the Senate President breached the truce by reverting to a previous matter..." Oshiomhole said, prompting laughter from lawmakers.

He added:

"So I told Mr. Senate President, the truce is signed. You should not violate it, and I will not violate it."

Responding, Akpabio apologised to Oshiomhole, saying he had no intention of offending him.

"Let me, first of all, apologise to Distinguished Senator Oshiomhole. If whatever I said could have in any way injured him or been inferred to offend him," Akpabio said.

He acknowledged their agreement, adding:

"Sorry, we have a truce. No more hostilities. Agreement is agreement."

Akpabio also assured Oshiomhole that he would refrain from making further references to his past controversies.

"I assure you that agreement is agreement," he said.

Ending the exchange on a humorous note, Akpabio joked that he would not act like countries that violate agreements shortly after signing them.

"I will not behave like America and Iran. When they have an agreement today and two days later they will bomb each other," he said, drawing laughter across the chamber.

Watch the video below.



Post a Comment

0 Comments